Hi friends! In lieu of a formal post today, I want to share some fun things happening in February! Every month moving forward, I’m going to put together a post of events/challenges/updates that I think you’ll all enjoy!
Have you signed up for the Nutrition Elevated Monthly Newsletter?
The Nutrition Elevated Monthly Newsletter is scheduled to go out on Wednesday, February 1st! It will include exclusive content not featured here on the blog. January’s newsletter on goal-setting was well-received, so I hope you’ll sign up to check out the February edition. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, February’s newsletter theme is self-love.
14 Days of Self-Love Challenge
In case you missed it, I’m hosting a 14 Days of Self-Love Challenge from February 1st – February 14th! Be sure to check out the post to learn more about the health benefits of practicing self-care. I’ll be posting the daily challenges on the Nutrition Elevated Facebook page, so look out for daily reminders!
Be sure to tag your challenges on instagram with #14daysofselflovechallenge!
Save the date! Saturday, February 4th from 9:30am – 10:30am!
This Saturday, I’m hosting a free, live, virtual goal-setting workshop! The goals of the session are to:
- Outline our basic nutritional needs (i.e. yes! the body needs carbs)
- Address common health misconceptions
- Provide simple, practical strategies to empower you and elevate your every day
To join the workshop, just click on this link on Saturday morning. Easy peasy!
February Nutrition/Health Events in the Seattle Area
February 1, 2017: SWAG (Sizeism/Weightism Advocacy Group) Workshop Series. The first series is titled,”Body-isms: The intersection of size- and weight-based stigmas and other identities.” (Free)
- Where: School of Social Work, University of Washington, 4101 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (Room 305)
- Time: 5PM-6PM
- Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1086192918157651/
- Description: SWAG (Sizeism/Weightism Advocacy Group at UW) is doing a workshop series this winter and spring (Feb 1, March 1, and May 3). The series is addressing the topics of Sizeism and Intersectionality, Body Image, and Weight-Neutral Approaches to Wellness in Health. It’s free and refreshments will be provided.
February 05, 2017: “Vinyasa+ Yin Yoga Workshop Seattle” ($25.00 admission)
- Where: Eka Yoga, 621 5the Ave N., Seattle, WA 98109
- Time: 1:30-3:30 PM
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vinyasa-yin-yoga-workshop-seattle-tickets-31099945775?aff=es2
- Description: Yoga with Chloe Dee instructor // 60 minutes of vinyasa (energizing) and then 60 minutes of yin (relaxing) yoga
February 16, 2017: Navigating the Complexity of Weight and Health (Free)
- Where: Husky Union Building (HUB), UW Campus, Room 145
- Time: 12-1pm
- Speaker: Judy Simon, MS, RD
- Link: https://wholeu.admin.washington.edu/uwnetid/twuext/EventDetail.aspx?regid=&eventid=450&eventsessionid=479
Be sure to check out the Events Calendar for more fun happenings in February!
I’ve been busy chipping away at some projects, but not without help! I’m really excited to introduce you to Joanne, the first Nutrition Elevated intern! You can read more about her here:
Intern Extraordinaire: Joanne (Sae Yeon) Lee
My name is Joanne (Sae Yeon) Lee, and I am currently an undergraduate student at the University of Washington studying Public Health and Nutritional Sciences. I have been passionate about the health, nutrition, and wellness in life, and desire to become a Registered Dietitian and Holistic Nutritionist. I enjoy running, hiking or exploring around, going to grocery stores and markets when I’m bored, any form of fitness-related activities, experimenting in my kitchen, and getting more educated on topics that arise in society. I hope that as I work with Lauren on Nutrition-Elevated, I may contribute to leaving a positive footprint and influence on my community to develop holistically healthy lifestyle choices.