Hi friends! If you follow me over on instagram, you’ve likely already seen the link to my very first podcast interview with Georgie over at In it 4 the Long Run. For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, you’re in for a treat!
Georgie launched The Chasing Joy Podcast a few weeks ago, and I’ve been an avid listener since the day that it was released. I fell in love with Georgie and her blog a few years ago because this girl emits positive, real energy. She’s cultivated a strong community of amazing women, and it’s been really fun to engage in inspiring conversations about life, health, love, blogging, building a business, and so much more.
Georgie and I had a blast chatting away a few weeks ago (Georgie’s in London and I’m in Seattle, so it was totally fun to connect transatlantically!) Georgie asked me some great (and tough!) questions, and in a full disclosure, I did not prepare any of my answers ahead of time. What does that mean?
- I rant and ramble a little
- My answers are very, very real
- You get to see (hear) a different (unedited!) side of my personality
What you’ll learn from the podcast (taken via Georgie’s post):
- My path to becoming a registered dietitian and starting Nutrition Elevated
- Why the adage “eat less and exercise more” is an incomplete picture of health
- Why I don’t focus on calories with her clients
- We rant (hard core) about the diet industry
- Explore the idea of health at every size
- and we discuss what intuitive eating really means
This episode is great for anyone who:
- Has had struggled (or is currently struggling) with disordered eating
- Has felt overwhelmed by an abundance of nutrition information
- Has lost touch with their ability to listen to their body’s hunger cues
- Wants to learn more about becoming a nutrition and health professional
- Has fallen into the diet industry trap
- Wants a good laugh and isn’t afraid say they love a good piece of bread
Connect with Georgie
- Georgie’s Blog (In it 4 the Long Run) http://init4thelongrun.com
- Instagram (@itin4thelongrunblog) http://instagram.com/