If we were having coffee, I would tell you:
That life is insane, in all the best ways possible.
Often times when I’m feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities (much as I am right now), I try to reflect on how it is a privilege to feel overwhelmed by the activities that I’m referencing. When it comes down to it, my stressors are actually good stressors. Easier said than done, right?
I’m approaching the final week of my clinical internship. Wow. How did the time fly by so quickly since I wrote this post? I’m also submitting my thesis for publication this week (!!!) and leaving for the annual Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) conference in New Orleans. While I’m there, I’ll be leading a Special Interest Group (SIG) training on motivational interviewing – ack! Talk about a lot going on all at once…not to mention the remainder of my school assignments for this quarter (oh naive Lauren, you thought homework was over once you started rotations? ha! think again.)
Why am I writing all of this to you?
- To remind all of us that stress is not always negative – sometimes, it can be positive, albeit overwhelming.
- To take a moment to pause, reflect, and share that choosing to not settle in an unfulfilling career was the best life decision I have ever made. The amazing opportunities I have waiting for me this week are a testament of what I’ve gained from this entire experience. It’s time to practice more gratitude.
- To justify my absence from this little space for the next week. But I’ll be sure to post instagram photos and videos of my time at the conference!
While I’m gone this week:
- Check out this instagram account. I’ve saved over 50% of the quotes.
- An interesting read, Clean Food: The Deeply Offensive Marketing Ploy
- Can I get a heck yes to this article for anyone who feels like they’re falling behind in life? Guess what? You’re not.
- Check out this interview by co-owners of Biker Barre (where I used to teach spin!) on “How to Crush Large Competitors By Building a Community.”
- To all the single ladies: this podcast interview is for you.
- This song, this song, this song, and this song are on repeat.
Let’s have a virtual coffee date:
- What are you refusing to settle on this year?
- Song you can’t stop jamming out to this week?
- New Orleans recommendations?!
- Anyone been to a health conference before? What did you like/dislike?