Hello! I’m Lauren Rice, MPH, RDN
Seattle-based Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Nutrition Elevated, LLC is a woman-owned small business offering part-time local and virtual nutrition counseling and consulting services.
I work with clients to:
- Help them make peace with food and their bodies
- Normalize their relationships with food
- Provide support and education around food myths, misconceptions, and fallacies about food, weight, and intake
- Identify emotional connections related to food
- Help with meal prep, grocery shopping, meal support, and family-meal dynamics
What is Nutrition Elevated?
Eating behaviors are complex, and providing dietary recommendations is only a small facet of nutrition education. My goal is to teach you about the next wave of nutrition research – the concepts surrounding nutrition that are covered far less by the media than the latest diet fads or cleanses.
Because diets don’t work. You didn’t “fail” at your last attempt – your diet failed YOU.
You will learn more about intuitive eating and Health at Every Size, in which we celebrate body diversity, honor internal hunger cues, and forgive ourselves when our eating behaviors don’t match our expectations.
And most of all, you will be part of a community that welcomes ALL people, shapes, and sizes.
01. life elevated
Becoming your happiest, healthiest self.
Nutrition is not simply what, how much, or how often you eat.
It’s not following the latest fad diet, restricting, or counting every calorie.
Nutrition is learning to listen and feel your internal cues.
It’s finding joy in eating, and
nourishing your body with whole, fresh, and delicious foods.
It’s feeling confident and proud of your amazing and powerful body.
It’s loving yourself for exactly who, and as, you are.
It’s making progress towards your goals, with recommendations that fit your lifestyle.
That’s a life, elevated.
Want More? 10 Ways to Live Your Life, Elevated
02. science elevated
what is evidence-based nutrition?
It’s forming nutrition recommendations based on published, reputable scientific research.
It’s turning clinical nutrition practices into simple, every day actions.
As much as the media says otherwise:
There is no reputable and published evidence that diets or juice cleanses are effective in the long-run.
But there IS published evidence to show that
intuitive eating, self compassion, and self care
help to build self-efficacy,
and empower people to make heathy, sustainable lifestyle changes.
That’s nutrition elevated.
Want More? 14 Days of Self-Love Challenge
03. professionalism elevated
Nationally accredited Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
Clinical Dietitian specializing in adolescent health and eating disorder recovery
Masters degree (MPH) in nutritional sciences from the University of Washington
Clinical Dietetic Internship at Harborview Medical Center
Completion of an Adolescent Health and Medicine Fellowship, specializing in weight management and eating disorders at Seattle Children’s Hospital
Graduate Research Assistant (RA) for the UW Center for Public Health Nutrition and the UW Department of Global Health
Board Member, Greater Seattle Dietetic Association (GSDA)
Other professional experience
- Carrie Cheney Memorial Student Leadership Award Recipient (2017)
- Greater Seattle Dietetics Association Student Leadership Scholarship Recipient (2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Nurse Practitioner Students, University of Washington (May 11, 2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Multidisciplinary Adolescent Healthcare Providers, Seattle Children’s Hospital (May 3, 2017)
- Wellness Talk: Fueling Our Bodies for Competition, Mountain West Gymnastics Team (April 10, 2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Multidisciplinary Adolescent Healthcare Providers, Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine Conference (March 9, 2017)
- Rice, L., Benson, C., Podrabsky, M, Otten, J. A qualitative study on the development and adoption of the first state-wide comprehensive food service guidelines for improving the health and productivity of state employees. Manuscript under review.
- Hossain, M, Ickes, S., Rice, L., Ritter, G., Nahar, B., Naila, N., Zia, T., Mahfuz, M., Denno, D., Walson, J., Ahmed, T. Caregiver perceptions regarding linear growth of children in Bangladesh. Manuscript under review.
- Podrabsky, M., Rice, L., Ritter, G., Otten, J. Implementation of Washington State’s Healthy Nutrition Guidelines Under Executive Order 13-06. See report here.
- Board Member, Greater Seattle Dietetics Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
04. a more personal touch
Lauren Rice, MPH: #ladyboss & owner
I fiercely believe in designing a life that brings you immeasurable joy, and and I try to live out the tenants of this space, “10 Ways to Live a Life, Elevated“, daily. Above all else, I value building strong connections with people.
Empathy is the foundation of connection, and is something that I intentionally put into practice every day. I pride myself on being described as warm, authentic, and fiercely devoted to what I am passionate about: helping YOU!
In my spare time, I live for hot lattes, the outdoors, and exploring the Pacific Northwest. I’m also a certified spinning instructor, runner, and homemade donut fanatic. I’m a lucky gal to call the beautiful city of Seattle, WA home.
WORDS I LIVE BY
“Start now. Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with doubt. Start with hands shaking. Start with voice trembling, but start. Start and don’t stop. Start where you are, with what you have. Just…start.”
FROM FINANCE TO NUTRITION
After college, I moved to Washington D.C. and worked in corporate and non-profit finance for 5 years. As my professional ambitions grew, so did my innate desire to give back to others as a healthcare professional. For two years, I worked full-time, taught spinning on the side, and was enrolled as a part-time student in order to complete the coursework I needed to apply to graduate school to become a registered dietitian nutritionist. Getting accepted into the Master of Public Health Nutrition/Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics at the University of Washington was the highlight of my career change. I moved to Seattle in 2015, and the rest is history!
05. next steps
⇒ Interested in working together?
Are you a potential client?
Unsure if I’m the right fit? Feel free to contact me to see if we can come up with a solution that works for you.
Are you a business?
Please check out ways we can collaborate!
⇒ Let’s connect!
⇒ Subscribe to my monthly wellness newsletter!
By signing up, you will receive exclusive content not featured on the blog to help inspire and motivate you to reach your health and wellness goals.