Welcome! Thank you so much for your interest in working together.
For more details on nutrition counseling appointments, click here.
“Lauren is quick to develop rapport with patients. Her energy and enthusiasm for life, nutrition, and patients is felt in the room in an appropriate and motivating way. Patients genuinely seemed to enjoy talking with her.”
Hi! I’m Lauren Rice, MPH, RDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Seattle, WA
✓ Words used to describe me
- Skilled listener
✓ I AM IN YOUR CORNER.
My counseling style is one that works with you, not against you. My role is not to lecture at you, but to help you navigate through your own personal motivations for behavior change.
✓ AN ANTI-DIET APPROACH.
My approach is one that will help guide you through sustainable lifestyle changes. Diets are ‘quick-fixes’ that are likely to fail you, and my job is to support you in finding your personal vision of success.
WONDERING IF I’M A GOOD FIT?
✓ Want to develop a long-term and sustainable healthy relationship with food?
✓ Desire a personalized and evidence-based approach to nutrition counseling and interventions?
✓ Want a better understanding of how the body uses food and nutrients to fuel your body?
✓ Feel as if you’ve tried everything with little to no success?
✓ Feel overwhelmed by recommendations from friends, family, or the internet?
- Nationally Accredited Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Masters degree (MPH) in nutritional sciences from the University of Washington (ranked 6th in the country for public health in 2017)
- 1200+ hours of supervised nutrition training from top teaching hospitals in Seattleincluding
- Completion of a 9-month nutrition fellowship in the Department of Adolescent Medicine at Seattle Children’s Hospital, focusing on counseling for weight management and eating disorders
- Carrie Cheney Memorial Student Leadership Award Recipient (2017)
- Greater Seattle Dietetics Association Student Leadership Scholarship Recipient (2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Nurse Practitioner Students, University of Washington (May 11, 2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Multidisciplinary Adolescent Healthcare Providers, Seattle Children’s Hospital (May 3, 2017)
- Wellness Talk: Fueling Our Bodies for Competition, Mountain West Gymnastics Team (April 10, 2017)
- Motivational Interviewing Training, Multidisciplinary Adolescent Healthcare Providers, Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine Conference (March 9, 2017)
- Rice, L., Benson, C., Podrabsky, M, Otten, J. A qualitative study on the development and adoption of the first state-wide comprehensive food service guidelines for improving the health and productivity of state employees. Preparing manuscript for submission.
- Hossain, M, Ickes, S., Rice, L., Ritter, G., Nahar, B., Naila, N., Zia, T., Mahfuz, M., Denno, D., Walson, J., Ahmed, T. Caregiver perceptions regarding linear growth of children in Bangladesh. Manuscript under review.
- Podrabsky, M., Rice, L., Ritter, G., Otten, J. Implementation of Washington State’s Healthy Nutrition Guidelines Under Executive Order 13-06. See report here.
- Board Member, Greater Seattle Dietetics Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
A MORE PERSONAL TOUCH
WORDS I LIVE BY
“Start now. Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with doubt. Start with hands shaking. Start with voice trembling, but start. Start and don’t stop. Start where you are, with what you have. Just…start.”
FROM FINANCE TO NUTRITION
After college, I moved to Washington D.C. and worked in corporate and non-profit finance for 5 years. As my professional ambitions grew, so did my innate desire to give back to others as a healthcare professional. For two years, I worked full-time, taught spinning on the side, and was enrolled as a part-time student in order to complete the coursework I needed to apply to graduate school to become a registered dietitian nutritionist. Getting accepted into the Master of Public Health Nutrition/Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics at the University of Washington was the highlight of my career change. I moved to Seattle in 2015, and the rest is history!
LIVING A LIFE, ELEVATED
I fiercely believe in designing a life that brings you immeasurable joy, and I try to live out the tenants of this space, “10 Ways to Live a Life, Elevated“, daily. In my spare time, I live for hot lattes, the outdoors, and exploring the Pacific Northwest. I’m also a certified spinning instructor, runner, and homemade donut fanatic. I’m a lucky gal to call the beautiful city of Seattle, WA home!
Ready to start a partnership?
Please email me to set up a 15-minute phone consultation to discuss if I’ll the right fit to support you at this time.