Listed below are some of the resources that I’ve found particularly helpful as a clinician when counseling adolescents and adults.
- Your Child’s Weight: Helping Without Harming – Ellen Satter, MS, RD, LCSW, BCD
- Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gotten, Ph.D
Eating Behaviors and Patterns
- Intuitive Eating –
- Child of Mine – Feeding with Love and Good Sense – Ellyn Satter, MSW, RD
- I’m, Like, So Fat – Dianne Neumark-Sztainer, Ph.D ., RD
- Motivational Interviewing, Third edition, William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnick, Guilford Press, 2013.
- Motivational Interviewing in Nutrition and Fitness, Dawn Clifford, Guilford Publications, Inc., 2015.
- Sports Nutrition, Nancy Clark, MS, RD