First of all, I want to thank you ALL for your warm wishes and congratulatory messages about finishing my graduate program. I felt so incredibly loved over the weekend with family in town. Our graduation ceremony at UW was very intimate and special – it was such a wonderful way to end this amazing journey!
While my spare time is still devoted to studying for the RD exam, looking for a full-time job, and getting all the paperwork and details in place so I can offer nutritional counseling packages, my mind is filled with a list of all the *fun* things I want to do in and around Seattle!
POST-GRAD BUCKET LIST
1. Backpacking/Camping trips:
- Hidden Lake
- La Push
- Crater Lake
- Devil’s Lake
- The Enchantments
- Cape Flatterly
- Tuck and Robin Lakes
2. Run the Seattle Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon and Beat the Bridge 8K
3. Wine tasting in Lake Chelan
4. Girls trip to Doe Bay on Orcas Island
5. Take a pottery class
6. Try a crossfit gym
7. Join a bookclub and read for fun!
8. Start a podcast
9. Host a (costume!) murder mystery party (I’ve had an unopened game for about 3 years now…)
10. Download Headspace and meditate every day
11. Write more snail mail to loved ones
12. Subscribe to the newspaper every morning
13. Buy a new bike and use it to commute to work
14. Try new dinner recipes & host more dinner parties!
15. Take guitar lessons
16. Work out more consistently
17. Go to bed by 10:30PM every night
18. Spend a week in Hawaii
19. Take more photos with my DSLR
20. Keep a daily gratitude journal and memory jar
ANY IDEAS ON OTHER THINGS TO ADD?
Happy solar eclipse day! I’ll be watching it from Green Lake with some friends. Enjoy your week and happy Monday!
- What is the top thing currently on your bucket list?
- Anyone tried Headspace?
- Tips for going to bed at a reasonable hour? I’ve gotten really bad about going to bed early!