Hello! I’m Lauren Rice, MPH, RDN, CD (she/her/hers), a Seattle-based Registered Dietitian specializing in eating disorders, disordered eating, and sports nutrition for adolescents and adults.
I am currently accepting new clients. All prospective clients must complete a 20-minute Discovery Call prior to booking an initial appointment. Please read through my FAQ and review my services for more information about appointments.
I offer 1:1 counseling for adolescent and adult clients looking for more support with the following:
- Eating disorders (individual approach & FBT)
- Disordered eating
- Chronic dieting
- Intuitive eating
- Sports & mountaineering nutrition
- Relative energy deficiency syndrome
- Female athlete triad
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea
→ Partnership: my counseling style is one that works with you, not against you. My role is not to lecture at you, but to help you navigate through your own personal motivations for behavior change.
→ Non-diet approach: I hope to guide you in finding a dietary pattern that works for you and your individual values. Restrictive diets promise ‘quick-fixes’ that are likely to fail you. I practice using a Health at Every Size ® Framework and believe that all bodies deserve care and respect.
→ Empathy: the foundation of connection and something that I intentionally put into practice every day. I pride myself on being described as warm, authentic, and fiercely devoted to what I am passionate about: helping YOU!
→ Autonomy: I specialize in helping clients understand how nutrition and their individual and unique relationships with food works with – not against – you. I want to teach you to feel confident in trusting your own body because YOU are the ultimate expert of your body and life. This approach is adapted from the principles of Intuitive Eating ©.
● Board-certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Certified Dietitian (CD) in the state of Washington
● Nutrition Core Faculty Member, UW LEAH Program
● 4+ years of experience providing counseling and medical nutrition therapy in the outpatient and inpatient settings for patients diagnosed with eating disorders
● 1200+ hours of supervised training hours at Harborview Medical Center and Seattle Children’s Hospital
● Master of Public Health (MPH) in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Washington
● Completion of a 9-month fellowship specializing in adolescent health and eating disorders
● Published author, public speaker, and recognized preceptor
On a personal note
In her spare time, Lauren is an avid mountaineer and fitness instructor. The name “Nutrition Elevated” is an ode to her love of summiting tall peaks and a symbolism of the healing power of nature. Lauren recognizes that the intersection between eating disorders/disordered eating and activity participation is complex and requires careful consideration when providing recommendations and nutrition counseling in sessions. She also recognizes that joyful movement is different for every body and respects each individual’s relationship to exercise and movement.