Hello! I’m Lauren Rice, MPH, RDN, CD (she/her/hers), a Seattle-based Registered Dietitian specializing in eating disorders and disordered eating for adolescents and adults.
You are the kindest, loveliest person to talk to and you always say just the right thing. I would always joke to my therapist that I felt like I was “cured” after our meetings because your advice and insight was so valuable in combatting my ED. Thank you so so much for your support and your role in my recovery. Wherever you go and whoever you help, they will be so lucky to work with you.-Former Client
I offer individual counseling for adolescent and adult clients looking for more support with the following:
- Eating disorders (individual approach & parent-directed nutrition)
- Disordered eating
- Chronic dieting
- Intuitive eating
- Sports & mountaineering nutrition
- Relative energy deficiency syndrome
- Female athlete triad
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Board-certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Certified Dietitian (CD) in the state of Washington
- 4+ years at Seattle Children’s Adolescent Medicine Clinic providing counseling and medical nutrition therapy in the outpatient and inpatient settings for patients diagnosed with eating disorders, disordered eating, abnormal weight loss, female athlete triad, relative energy deficiency syndrome, and PCOS
- Registered Dietitian in the Student Counseling Center at Seattle Pacific University (SPU)
- Nutrition Faculty Member, University of Washington Leadership Education in Adolescent Health Fellowship
- Published author, public speaker, and recognized preceptor
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Washington
- 1200+ hours of supervised training hours at Harborview Medical Center and Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Completion of the Leadership Education in Adolescent Health Fellowship (LEAH)with specialty training in the treatment of eating disorders
→ Partnership: my counseling style is one that works with you, not against you. My role is not to lecture at you, but team with you to share our expertise. You, as the expert of your own life. Me, as the nutrition expert.
→ Non-diet approach: I hope to guide you in finding a dietary pattern that works for you and your individual values and body. Restrictive diets promise ‘quick-fixes’ that set you up for failure. I practice using a Health at Every Size ® Framework and believe that all bodies deserve care and respect.
→ Empathy: the foundation of connection and something that I intentionally put into practice every day. I pride myself on being described as warm, authentic, and fiercely devoted to what I am passionate about: helping YOU!
→ Autonomy: I specialize in helping clients understand how nutrition and their individual and unique relationships with food works with – not against – you. I want to teach you to feel confident in trusting your own body because YOU are the ultimate expert of your body and life. This approach is adapted from the principles of Intuitive Eating ©.
I am currently accepting new clients. All prospective clients must complete a 15-minute Discovery Call prior to booking an initial appointment. Please read through my FAQ and review my services for more information about appointments.
On a personal note
In her spare time, Lauren is an avid mountaineer and fitness instructor. The name “Nutrition Elevated” is an ode to her love of summiting tall peaks and a symbolism of the healing power of nature. Lauren recognizes that the intersection between eating disorders/disordered eating and activity participation is complex and requires careful consideration when providing recommendations and nutrition counseling in sessions. She also recognizes that joyful movement is different for every body and respects each individual’s relationship to exercise and movement.